The partnership and close cooperation between the CSR Dialogforum and the Austrian Centre for Sustainability promotes the international relations and strengthens cooperations as well as projects serving to drive sustainable development in Austria.
What is the Austrian Centre for Sustainability like?
The Austrian Centre for Sustainability is the expert organisation and network relating to “Eco-Social Market Economy 4.0” & Sustainability Excellence as well as a think tank and turntable for economic, ecological and social sustainable development in Austria and Europe.
In the Competence Centre, companies and organisations are holistically advised and coached by experts in connection with their activities relating to the fields of sustainable economy and CSR. Holistic activities have a positive effect on business success – they will generate decisive strategic market advantages, increase the perception level and the confidence among employees, customers, partners and investors as well as other stakeholders.
The Competence Centre also is an implementation partner of public and private institutions as well as an interface to politics and society. Our experts and partners are working at future focused topics for Austrian society and the economic site in the sense of eco-social market economy.
The strategic partnership and close cooperation between the Austrian Centre for Sustainability and the CSR Dialogforum, which is accredited by and in the consultative status of the United Nations, promotes the international relations and strengthens cooperations as well as projects serving to drive sustainable development in Austria.
Dr. Markus Bürger
Managing Director of the Austrian Centre for Sustainability
Head of the Competence Centre for Sustainable Development and Eco-Social Market Economy
International corporate management, sustainable corporate development, strategy, business development, communication, investor relations, entrepreneurial responsibility, certifications, innovation, Agenda 2030 & Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), entrepreneurial climate protection, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), eco-social market economy, international relations, corporate affairs
Stations of his career
- General Manager of the Federal Office and Head of the Permanent Mission of Austria to the Senate of Economy Europe under the presidency of the off-duty Vice Chancellor Dr. Erhard Busek; priorities: eco-social market economy, entrepreneurial responsibility, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), entrepreneurial climate protection, social entrepreneurship and sustainable economy;
- Corporate Spokesperson and Director Corporate Communications/Marketing of the TÜV Austria Group, Austria’s largest certification and inspection and testing body; priorities: environment, energy, health, management systems and certifications;
- self-employed consultant for renowned corporations and company groups, small and medium-sized enterprises and organisations; priorities: strategy, communication, business development, CSR, corporate affairs;
- General Manager of a consulting company and founder of several start-up companies in the fields of (university) education as well as car sharing;
- business consultant at Contrast Management/Ernst&Young;
- assistant in Area Management South Eastern Europe & Middle East as well as Western Europe at Austrian Airlines;
- Assistant to the Board at Goldbach Media/Active Agent
International Diploma Studies of Economics and Business (graduation as a “Magister”) and obtention of a doctoral degree in economics and international management (scientific doctoral degree and PhD.) after study sojourns in Vienna, Krems, Brussels, Bratislava and Salzburg
For 20 years, Markus Bürger has been working at the interface between strategy and deployment, management and employees, theory and practice, political basic conditions and trade and industry with his interdisciplinary approach. He builds bridges between different expectations, offers and demand and sustainably enables networking among people sharing common goals and values.
Commitment and other functions
- nomination as an ambassador of eccos22 of the CSR Dialogforum – which is accredited by and is in the consultative status of the United Nations (UN) – in 2017;
- nomination as a member of the Stakeholder Council, the largest Austrian bank group, since 2017;
- Jury Member of the Initiative “People for the Planet” of Mars Austria since 2016;
- participant in the dialogue conference “Sustainable Entrepreneurship” – an initiative of the Federal Minister for Science, Research and Economic Affairs – and the alliance “Sustainable Universities in Austria” since 2016;
- member of PRVA (Public Relations Verband Austria – Public Relations Associations Austria) since 2016;
- establishing the Advisory Board for Health & Management together with renowned personalities from trade and industry, science, healthcare and politics in 2015;
- co-founder of the Forum “Impact Investments” in 2015;
- Advisor Fundraising for the Life Ball 2013;
- Member of “Young Industry” of IV (Industriellenvereinigung – Industrialists’ Association) until 2012;
- member of the Advisory Board of the Strategy Circle Healthcare in 2011;
- supporter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, “Stiftung Kindertraum” (Foundation Children’s Dream), the Foundation “Sauti Kuu” – Dr. Auma Obama, Little Flower, Ronald McDonalds Children’s Help, Sterntalerhof-children’s hospice & family hostel
- member in different social and economic networks
- “Der ökosoziale Unternehmer – die ökosoziale Unternehmerin” (The eco-social businessperson)
- “Qualitätsmanagementsysteme: Geschäftspflicht, Vertrauensbeweis oder Markteintritts-Chance” (Quality management systems: due diligence, proof of confidence, opportunity to enter the market)
- “Allianzen als Instrument strategischer Unternehmensführung” (Alliances as a tool of strategic management)
- Publisher of a periodical dealing with the topics of “Modern management techniques, lean processes and quality standards) from 2010 to 2013;
- “Auf selber Augenhöhe: Shared Decision Making” (On an equal footing: shared decision-making)
- “Vernetzung ohne Grenzen: Wie fragmentierte Systeme durch einen lebendigen Diskurs überwunden werden können” (Networking without limits: How fragmented systems can be overcome by a lively discourse)
- “Betriebs- und wettbewerbspolitische Bedeutung v. Managementsystemen” (Significance of management systems as far as operational and competition policies are concerned)
- “Zertifizierungen bringen sichtbare Kommunikations- und Marketingeffekte” (Certifications yield visible communication and marketing effects)
- International Market Trends: Certification of Management Systems
- “Einsatz, Entwicklungen und Trends von Managementsystemen und Managementsystem-Zertifizierungen” (Use, developments and trends relating to management systems and certifications of management systems)
Holding lectures and classes at
- congresses and symposiums